The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) is sensitive to your concerns about privacy, and places your concerns as a priority. We are committed to preserving the privacy of any personal information that you choose to give us through the CAA website. Such information may be requested when you purchase membership, tickets to an event, or register for any number of other services that CAA may provide.
Any reference to “CAA”, “we,” “our,” or “us” in this policy refers to the Cal Alumni Association.
- Provide to anyone, upon request, notice of their ability to opt out of information exchanges.
- Honor customer opt-out requests not to have their contact information transferred to third parties for marketing purposes.
- Accept and maintain requests to stop receiving communication or other solicitations from CAA.
Collection of Information
We assure you that all purchases made on the CAA website are secure and utilize advanced encryption technology. Your data is carefully protected from loss, misuse, disclosure, and unauthorized access. Any personal data collected is used solely for the purpose of helping us to better serve you.
Information CAA Collects about You
- Contact information: CAA collects information about you when you subscribe to a newsletter, provide contact information through one of our webforms, or register for an event.
- Content provided through our websites: CAA collects information you provide to us through our websites, such as surveys, social media posts, quizzes, and other interactive features.
- Payment information: CAA collects certain payment and billing information from you when you purchase a membership through our website. All payment details are collected through secure payment processing services.
In order to provide CAA members with valuable services and membership benefits, CAA maintains business relationships with a small number of carefully selected and screened third-party organizations. From time to time, CAA may share personal information (such as name and address) to our business partners in order to offer CAA members desirable products, discounts, and services. You have the right to control whether you receive product or service information from our affinity partners, including by opting out of affinity partner mailings.
Cookies and Analytics Partners
CAA’s website uses Google Analytics advertising and reporting features to collect user demographics and interests reports to better understand its visitors. CAA allows Google Analytics to collect data about CAA’s website traffic via cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to data collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation. You can opt out of this Google Analytics data collection feature at any time by visiting Google Analytics Opt-Out. Learn more about how Google uses information from sites that use Google Analytics.
CAA reserves the right to change this agreement and to make changes to any of the products or programs described in the site at any time without notice or liability. Any such revisions are prospectively binding on you, and therefore, please be sure to periodically visit this page when you use the site to review the current agreement that binds you.
Contact CAA Web Communications.