Discounts & Savings
CAA members may obtain a library card at all of the UC campuses.
CAA members may obtain a library card at any of the UC campuses provided they meet the qualifications to obtain a library card at that campus: Berkeley, Irvine, Davis, Los Angeles, Merced, Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and Santa Cruz.
Library restrictions vary by campus and are subject to change. Members should check with the campus directly for these restrictions.
UC Berkeley Library Privileges
*COVID-19 Library Update*
UC Berkeley Libraries are now open for in-person browsing, and the Privileges Desk is open daily from 1 – 4:45PM. The library is also able to remotely set-up most types of library accounts. Curb-side pick-up has been retired August 25, 2021, and all books must be checked out and returned as usual.
To set-up an account, please email privileges staff at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: full legal name (including middle name), preferred name (if different), mailing address, telephone number, email address, and any additional information needed for the account (such as an image of your membership card). Check out the Library’s FAQs for more information on how they are helping patrons during the closure.
You must be a California resident in order to obtain a library card and check out books. Non-residents may still access the libraries using a day pass, but may not check out books. Library cards must be set up and renewed in person at the Privileges Desk at Doe library.
1. How to obtain a library card. Bring the following to the Privileges Desk at Doe library:
- CAA membership card
- California driver’s license
A CAA Life Member key tag is not an acceptable substitute for a CAA membership card, because it does not have the member’s name on it.
If you do not have a California driver’s license you may bring:
- California photo ID
- a copy of a utility or phone bill with a California address
Annual CAA member library cards must be renewed annually, and Life Member library cards must be renewed every three years. The Library does not send renewal notices.
More info »
2. CAA members who have obtained a library card may check out up to 20 books at a time. Loan periods vary, depending on the type of material borrowed, the status of the borrower, and the loan policy of the individual unit. Interlibrary loans are not permitted. Visitors who are not eligible for a library card may be eligible to use library materials on-site by obtaining a day pass. Day passes do not allow visitors to borrow books. Contact the Privileges Desk for more information on day passes.
3. Computer/Research CAA members do not have remote access to online databases. Access to online databases is available using library public computers in any library facility. Alumni members have access to the library’s catalog (OskiCat) from anywhere and on any device.
4. Hours and locations Each library has its own hours which change periodically. Hours are particularly limited during the summer. Please view the website for the latest schedule.
View UC Berkeley Libraries open hours and locations »
For more information, please visit the UC Berkeley library website. »
UC System Libraries
|UC Berkeley Libraries »|
|UC Davis Libraries »|
|UC Irvine Libraries »|
|UCLA Libraries »|
|UC Merced Library »|
|UC Riverside Libraries »|
|UC Santa Barbara Library »|
|UC Santa Cruz Library »|
|UC San Diego Libraries »|
|UC San Francisco Library »|