How It Works
Interview panels are conducted via Zoom or Google Hangouts. Scholarships Chairs, our lead Alumni Scholarships Program volunteers*, organize and coordinate interviews with local alumni. All interviewers are given an orientation by their Scholarships Chair that includes information about how to assess a candidate’s fit for the scholarship program to which they applied and best practices for interviewing. If you are interested in serving as an interviewer, register below or contact your local district/regional chair.
Interviews are conducted in June and July for incoming first-year and transfer students, and in September for current Cal undergraduates.
*Interested? Learn more about becoming a Scholarships Chair.
The Achievement Award Program
The Leadership Award (Freshman and Incoming Transfers)
- July 9: TLA In-Person Finalist Interviews, Register
- July 22: TLA Virtual Finalist Interviews, Register
- Regional In-person and Virtual Interviews, Event information coming soon
The Leadership Award (Continuing Students)
- Late August: In-Person Finalist Interviews, Registration Coming Soon
- Early September: Virtual Finalist Interviews, Registration Coming Soon