CAA members may obtain a library card at any of the UC campuses provided they meet the qualifications to obtain a library card at that campus: Berkeley, Irvine, Davis, Los Angeles, Merced, Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and Santa Cruz.
Library restrictions vary by campus and are subject to change. Members should check with the campus directly for these restrictions.
UC Berkeley Library Privileges
You must be a California resident in order to obtain a library card and check out books. Non-residents may still access the libraries using a day pass, but may not check out books. Library cards must be set up and renewed in person at the Privileges Desk at Doe library.
Privileges Desk hours and location»
1. How to obtain a library card. Bring the following to the Privileges Desk at Doe library:
- CAA membership card
- California driver’s license
If you do not have a California driver’s license you may bring
- California photo ID
- a copy of a utility or phone bill with a California address
Annual CAA member library cards must be renewed annually, and Life Member library cards must be renewed every three years. The Library does not send renewal notices.
More info »
2. CAA members who have obtained a library card may check out up to 20 books at a time. Loan periods vary, depending on the type of material borrowed, the status of the borrower, and the loan policy of the individual unit. Interlibrary loans are not permitted. Visitors who are not eligible for a library card may be eligible to use library materials on-site by obtaining a day pass. Day passes do not allow visitors to borrow books. Contact the Privileges Desk for more information on day passes.
3. Computer/Research CAA members do not have remote access to online databases. Inside the library, they have access to all online databases and CD-ROM, as well as OskiCat catalog.
4. Hours and locations Each library has its own hours which change periodically. Hours are particularly limited during the summer. Please view the website for the latest schedule.
View UC Berkeley Libraries open hours and locations »
For more information, please visit the UC Berkeley library website. »
UC System Libraries
|UC Berkeley Libraries »|
|UC Davis Libraries »|
|UC Irvine Libraries »|
|UCLA Libraries »|
|UC Merced Library »|
|UC Riverside Libraries »|
|UC Santa Barbara Library »|
|UC Santa Cruz Library »|
|UC San Diego Libraries »|
|UC San Francisco Library »|