The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) is seeking a client service focused program manager to partner with our advertisers and corporate sponsors, and develop new business. The Program Manager will lead activation fulfillment, sponsorship and advertising retention, and develop new relationships. This role is all about relationship building internally and externally. A team oriented mentality and the ability to collaborate will be the key to success.
SUPERVISOR AND LOCATION:
This position reports to the Sr. Director, Business Development and is located in Berkeley, CA. The Cal Alumni Association currently operates under a hybrid work environment, working both in the office and remotely. The supervisor will determine the work location based on the program’s needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with advertisers, affinity partners, and sponsors.
- Manage the activation of partner and advertiser contracts, and contract fulfillment.
- Drive additional sales with existing partners and advertisers.
- Develop new relationships with advertisers through networking and cold calling.
- Design marketing campaigns in collaboration with affinity partners and/or agencies.
- Work with the Sponsorship Activation Manager at the University Partnership Program (UPP) to manage advertising commitments and artwork for all CAA Affinity Partners.
- Capture data and activation metrics through Google Analytics and Salesforce Marketing Cloud; analyze data to determine needs and interests, campaign success rates, and develop and present recommendations for improving partner success.
- Develop annual recaps for each affinity partner.
- Prepare sales presentation materials and periodically attend client meetings.
- Assist with managing CAA’s wine club, including marketing, customer support, and planning wine tasting events.
- Assist with marketing and securing sponsorships for California Live!, California magazines speaker series.
- Work occasional evenings and weekends to manage sponsor activations at in-person events.
- Research industry best practices and comparable alumni associations; Recommend and implement new approaches, policies, and procedures for improvements in efficiency and services provided.
- Collaborate with internal CAA departments and on-campus university departments involved in sponsorship fulfillment.
- Work with the data manager on all data requests for partnership activations.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 3-5 years of marketing, communications, and-or sponsorship experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Skilled in copywriting and editing; ability to write on-brand, relatable and engaging content and ensure brand consistency.
- Demonstrated success and evidence of ability to develop, execute, and measure the impact of marketing campaigns
- Excellent oral/written communication, presentation/public speaking, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office and Google platforms, including online tools, spreadsheets, and word processing applications
- Experience preparing content and images for social media posts
- Experience and ability to lead, plan, and execute events; Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends to support CAA and campus-wide events in addition to assigned work-shift.
- Strong analytical abilities; the ability to create, improve and document processes
- Experience using email marketing tools and complex databases (e.g., looking up information, extracting data, creating and generating reports). Salesforce experience is a plus. Ability to learn and use CADS (Cal Advancement Data System)
- Must submit to a driving record, consumer report, and FBI/DOJ fingerprint background investigations.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 20 pounds.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range is $67,000 – $71,000 annualized and is classified as an at-will, exempt position. This position is eligible to participate in company sponsored benefits. CAA offers a competitive benefits package, participation in a 403(b) with company match, and generous paid time-off benefits. We have a friendly, relaxed but professional environment, and we pride ourselves on our team approach.
The Cal Alumni Association seeks candidates whose previous experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion and to increasing the participation of individuals from groups historically underrepresented in higher education. We are looking for applicants who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community.
Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please note “PM Sponsorship Services” in the subject line. Please send your materials as an attachment in either MS Word or PDF format. This position will remain open until filled, however, we encourage you to submit your materials for consideration by Monday, January 8, 2023. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Deadline to Apply
Monday, January 8, 2023
Submit Your Resume
Submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email. Attachments should be in MS Word or PDF format.
Complete the Application Packet
Candidates invited to participate in a job interview must complete our Application Packet. Please use Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Our Operating Principles
We are especially interested in hiring a candidate who will commit to building a workplace that:
- Fosters personal accountability and empowerment
- Inspires personal integrity and a commitment to ethical standards
- Builds trust and mutual respect
- Fosters effective communication
- Conducts work that is inspirational, innovative, forward-thinking and adaptable
- Reinforces teamwork
- Offers constructive feedback and coaching
- Shares a common commitment to vision/goals
- Nurtures a positive outlook
- Affirms diversity
- Allows for an aesthetic, healthy and accommodating physical workspace.
For Our Full-time Employees:
CAA offers an excellent health care and supplemental benefits packages, 403(b), a generous paid time-off benefit, and more. We have a friendly, relaxed but professional environment, and we pride ourselves on our team approach.
Health Care Benefits:
- CAA employees are required to contribute 10% of their total medical premium for the employee and 20% for any eligible dependents.
- CAA pays 100% of the premiums for Dental and Vision benefits for the employee and any eligible dependents.
Paid Time Off Benefits:
- Vacation: 16 days/year for first 2 years of service, 18 days/year after completing 2 years of service, 21 days/year after completing 5 years of service.
- Sick time: 12 days/year
- Holidays: 11 total per year
- Paid time off between Dec 26 and Dec 31
- Birthday Holiday: 1 Day off
- As affiliates to UC Berkeley, CAA employees are eligible to participate in many of the on-campus professional development workshops, seminars and professional networks available to UCB employees. Please note that this does not include undergraduate or graduate courses offered to students.
- CAA has a partnership with UC Berkeley Extension that offers our employees a discount on enrollment fees.
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Supplemental Insurance with 100% of premiums paid by CAA:
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- LTD Insurance
- Option to purchase supplemental insurance plans from AFLAC
Commuting and Parking:
- If you’re a commuter, consider taking advantage our pre-tax public transit commuter benefit. You can load your Clipper Card or pay public transit fare with pre-tax dollars.
- Cal Bear Pass: Take advantage of UCB’s partnership with AC Transit. The partnership offers a cost savings of up to 70% off the standard monthly bus pass rate! CAA employees are eligible to purchase an AC transit pass at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
- UCB Campus Parking Permit: As affiliates to UCB, our CAA employees are eligible to purchase a campus parking permit at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
Access to Campus Programs and Discounts:
- Eligible to join the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF) at the Faculty/Staff discount rate
- Special campus events
- Free admission to the University Art Museum
- Discount tickets for Cal Performances, Pacific Film Archive, and Hertz Hall
- AirBears: wireless internet access on campus