Code of Conduct
The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) provides opportunities through the CAA site and various social media channels to facilitate communication among individual members of the UC Berkeley community defined as “users” (including alumni, parents, faculty, staff, students, and friends), and between such users and the Cal Alumni Association.
Certain uses of these channels are inconsistent with this purpose, including, but not limited to:
- posts that are unrelated to the current topic;
- activities that are illegal or fraudulent;
- use that inaccurately implies endorsement, approval, or sponsorship by CAA or University of California;
- use that can be confused with official communications of CAA or University of California;
- activities that violate other users’ privacy, such as releasing personal information about others, such as name, address, or phone number;
- activities that further commercial or other personal financial gain;
- posting content that: is hateful, threatening, libelous, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence;
- harassment of any individual or entity.
The Cal Alumni Association reserves the right to deny access to its communication channels. The Cal Alumni Association will deny access to those who violate the above standards or other applicable policies in these or similar practices. Participants on the CAA site and in the various social media channels who misuse information and communication services may be removed from all online alumni communities permanently, and they could face legal action for failure to abide by these policies and procedures. The Cal Alumni Association reserves the right to move or delete any postings.
Please contact us for feedback or to report violations of this Code of Conduct.