The Cal Alumni Association has teamed up with the UC Berkeley Career Center to help students make connections and gain clarity in their career pursuits.
For each of these casual networking events, we are seeking a diverse group of alumni to showcase a variety of careers. The events require no prep—simply chat with interested students, share your path from Cal to career, and offer advice to those who hope to follow in your footsteps.
Events are two hours each, and start between 5 and 6 p.m. The Cal Alumni Association and Career Center host a brief networking reception for alumni volunteers with light refreshments 30 minutes prior to the event start time. All events are located at the UC Berkeley Career Center or Alumni House unless otherwise noted.
- Tech for Good — Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in a variety of technical roles at social impact oriented organizations/companies, in both nonprofit and for-profit capacities. Examples: Educational technology, healthcare, clean tech, NGOs, etc.
- UI/UX and Graphic Design — Wednesday, February 05, 2020
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in the UI/UX and/or graphic design in roles such as UX researcher, content strategist, visual designer, interaction designer, UX/UI developer, UX designer, product designer, etc.
- Marketing and Media — Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in fields such as public relations, advertising, market research, sales strategy, community relations, advertising, media planning, search engine optimization, social media, broadcasting, film, TV, radio, journalism, and publishing.
- Product Management — Thursday, February 20, 2020
- Seeking alumni and professionals with experience in taking products, ranging from complex to consumer packaged goods, from concept to market. No preparation is necessary aside from being ready to answer students’ questions about your career.
- Health Professions — Thursday, March 05, 2020
- Seeking physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other professionals in the healthcare field to share their wisdom and practical advice with students aspiring to be healthcare professionals.
- Assist Cal students of all class standings with their career development
- Share your expertise and knowledge about your field and the work world
- Build new connections with the Cal campus and reflect upon your time here
- Meet Cal students who might become great interns or employees at your organization
Photo credit: Elena Zhukova