CAA has teamed up with the UC Berkeley Career Center to help students make connections and gain clarity in their career pursuits.
For each of these casual networking events, we are seeking a diverse group of alumni to showcase a variety of careers. The events require no prep—simply chat with interested students, share your path from Cal to career, and offer advice to those who hope to follow in your footsteps.
Events are two hours each, from 6 – 8 p.m. The Cal Alumni Association and Career Center host a brief networking reception for alumni volunteers at 5:30 p.m. with light refreshments. All events are located at the UC Berkeley Career Center or Alumni House unless otherwise noted.
2018 - 2019 Events
- Tuesday, August 28, 2018 — Consulting
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in a variety of consulting roles such as management, operations, financial advisory, HR, IT and more!
- Tuesday, September 4, 2018 — Non-Tech Roles in Tech
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in a variety of non-technical roles within the tech industry, from sales and marketing to HR/recruitment and product management, to help promote the range of non-technical opportunities and backgrounds represented within this growing industry.
- Thursday, September 20, 2018 — Women in the Financial World
- Seeking alumnae and professionals from all roles and positions in the world of finance. This includes investment banking, corporate banking/finance and any other roles within finance.
- Tuesday, September 25, 2018 — Government & Law
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in a variety of roles within government and law such as attorneys, service or program officers, analysts, paralegals and more!
- Wednesday, October 3, 2018 — Marketing & Media
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in fields such as public relations, advertising, market research, sales strategy, community relations, media planning, search engine optimization, social media, broadcasting, film, TV, radio, journalism, and publishing.
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018 — Data Science
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in the data science/analytics field - regardless of educational background! (In fact, it has been great in the past to have folks who come from a variety of backgrounds to demonstrate to students the number of different pathways to data science.)
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018 — BioTech Connect
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in various areas of biotechnology including biomed, pharmaceuticals, food discovery, robotics, and more! Target audience for this event are students studying bioengineering, mechanical engineering, biochemistry, biology, or simply interested in exploring the exciting field that sits at the nexus of technology and life sciences.
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018 — Environment & Sustainability
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in the environmental and sustainability field.
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019 — Tech for Good
- Humans have begun utilizing the power of technology to improve society in a myriad of ways, both simple and extraordinary - as a particularly civic minded student body, Berkeley students are keen to find out more about the nexus of technology and social impact!
- Tuesday, February 5, 2019 — Design & Technology
- In collaboration with the Jacobs Institute for Design Innovation and Arts + Design Center, we are seeking alumni and professionals in a multitude of fields involving design, and/or technology!
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019 — Business Roles in Health
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in a variety of roles within the healthcare industry, outside of direct healthcare providers. From finance and human resources to policy and quality improvement, we invite alumni to help share with Cal students the many (non-clinical) opportunities to contribute to healthcare.
- Thursday, February 21, 2019 — Education & Non-Profit
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in nonprofit, education, or for-profit organizations with programs, products, or services centered on bettering the world and lives of its inhabitants.
- Thursday, February 28, 2019 — Human Resources
- Seeking alumni and professionals to represent the various roles in HR.
- Week of 3/25 in Los Angeles — Entertainment
- We are seeking alumni working in various fields within the entertainment industry, such as music, film, television, writing, law, fashion, and more! This event will be held in Los Angeles during spring break date TBD.
- April/May date TBD — PhDs
- Seeking PhD alumni and professionals working in a variety of roles and industries to share their Cal to career story with students. PhD recruiters are also encouraged to participate.
- Assist Cal students of all class standings with their career development
- Share your expertise and knowledge about your field and the work world
- Build new connections with the Cal campus and reflect upon your time here
- Meet smart Cal students who might become great interns or employees at your organization
Photo credit: Elena Zhukova