CAA has teamed up with the UC Berkeley Career Center to help students make connections and gain clarity in their career pursuits.
For each of these casual networking events, we are seeking a diverse group of alumni to showcase a variety of careers. The events require no prep—simply chat with interested students, share your path from Cal to career, and offer advice to those who hope to follow in your footsteps.
Events are two hours each, from 6 – 8 p.m. The Cal Alumni Association and Career Center host a brief networking reception for alumni volunteers at 5:30 p.m. with light refreshments. All events are located at the UC Berkeley Career Center or Alumni House unless otherwise noted.
2018 – 2019 Events
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019 — Tech for Good
- Humans have begun utilizing the power of technology to improve society in a myriad of ways, both simple and extraordinary—as a particularly civic minded student body, Berkeley students are keen to find out more about the nexus of technology and social impact!
- Tuesday, February 5, 2019 — Design & Technology
- In collaboration with the Jacobs Institute for Design Innovation and Arts + Design Center, we are seeking alumni and professionals in a multitude of fields involving design, and/or technology!
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019 — Business Roles in Health
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in a variety of roles within the healthcare industry, outside of direct healthcare providers. From finance and human resources to policy and quality improvement, we invite alumni to help share with Cal students the many (non-clinical) opportunities to contribute to healthcare.
- Thursday, February 21, 2019 — Education & Non-Profit
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in nonprofit, education, or for-profit organizations with programs, products, or services centered on bettering the world and lives of its inhabitants.
- Thursday, February 28, 2019 — Human Resources
- Seeking alumni and professionals to represent the various roles in HR.
- Thursday, March 7, 2019 — Sports Industry
- Seeking dynamic alumni and professionals who work in a variety of fields in the sports industry such as coaching, fitness, broadcasting, social media, and more! We know there are many ways students can use their interest and expertise in sports and combine that with knowledge in statistics, communications, business, tech, and so much more. Please join us! This event will require minimal prep work from attendees; simply arrive and share your personal experiences and knowledge of the industry through casual conversations.
- Thursday, March 14, 2019 — Esports & Gaming Industries
- In collaboration with Cal Esports and the Business Careers in Entertainment Club (BCEC), we are seeking dynamic alumni and other professionals who work within the Esports and Gaming industries. Because this event is focused on career exploration, we encourage diversity in the career paths represented: from software to graphic design, marketing, sales, testing, writing, professional gaming, and much more!
- Monday, March 25, 2019 in Los Angeles — Entertainment
- We are seeking alumni working in various fields within the entertainment industry, such as music, film, television, writing, law, fashion, and more! This event will be held in Los Angeles at TART Restaurant during Cal’s spring break.
- Tuesday, April 23, 2019 — PhDs
- Seeking PhD alumni and professionals working in a variety of roles and industries to share their Cal to career story with students. PhD recruiters are also encouraged to participate.
- Assist Cal students of all class standings with their career development
- Share your expertise and knowledge about your field and the work world
- Build new connections with the Cal campus and reflect upon your time here
- Meet smart Cal students who might become great interns or employees at your organization
Photo credit: Elena Zhukova