Students explore future career fields through casual conversations with Cal alumni and professionals!
The Cal Alumni Association has teamed up with the UC Berkeley Career Center to help students make connections and gain clarity in their career pursuits. Virtual for 2020, Career Connections are co-sponsored by the Cal Alumni Association and give students an opportunity to meet alumni and learn their insights about different types of roles, companies, or industries. The Berkeley Career Network makes professional connections for Cal alumni and students. Join our network.
- Consulting & Professional Services — Tuesday, August 31, 2021
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in a variety of consulting or professional services roles such as management, operations, financial advisory, HR, IT, technical etc. to talk about their career journey and Cal to career transition.
- Women in Business — Thursday, September 9, 2021
- This event is for inspiring female or female-identifying alumni to talk to current students about their career journey and challenges they may have faced entering competitive fields or starting their own business.
- Non-Tech Roles in Tech — Thursday, September 16, 2021
- Seeking alumni in non-technical roles within tech or tech services companies (HR, partnerships, business development, customer success, marketing etc.)
- AI & Data Analytics — Wednesday, September 22, 2021
- Seeking alumni in data analytics and AI related roles to talk with students about these emerging career paths.
- Digital Media & Marketing — Thursday October 28, 2021
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in fields such as journalism, digital marketing, advertising, market research, sales strategy, UX/UI, advertising, media planning, search engine optimization, social media etc.
- Environment & Sustainability — Thursday, November 4, 2021
- Seeking alumni in companies and organizations working with environmental advocacy, environmental science, sustainable business, climate change etc.
- Digital Marketing & Media — Thursday, February 4, 2021
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in fields such as digital marketing, advertising, market research, sales strategy, UX/UI, advertising, media planning, search engine optimization, social media etc.
- Art, Architecture, and Design — Tuesday, February 9, 2021
- Seeking alumni and professionals in a multitude of fields involving arts, architecture, design, and/or technology! The event will require minimal prep work from attendees; simply arrive and share your insider knowledge of the industry.
- Tech for Good — Thursday, February 25, 2021
- Seeking alumni and professionals who are ready to share their journey working in a variety of technical roles at social impact oriented organizations/companies, in both nonprofit and for-profit capacities or social good focused roles in tech companies. Including but not limited to: Social Enterprise, Educational Technology, Healthcare, CleanTech, NGO’s/Non-Profits, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), and more!
- Sports Industry — Thursday, March 4, 2021
- Seeking dynamic alumni and professionals who work in a variety of fields in the sports and fitness fields such as coaching, sports statistics, broadcasting, team management, social media, event management, etc. to share their experience in the industry with students looking to break into the industry.
- Careers in Biotech — Tuesday, March 9, 2021
- Seeking alumni and professionals working in various areas of biotechnology including biomed, pharmaceuticals, food discovery, robotics, and more! Connect with students studying bioengineering, mechanical engineering, biochemistry, biology etc. who are interested in exploring the nexus of technology and life sciences.
- Esports & Gaming Industries — Thursday, March 18, 2021
- Seeking alumni and professionals who work within the Esports and Gaming industries to share their journey with interested students. Because this event is focused on career exploration, we encourage diversity in the career paths represented: from software to graphic design, marketing, sales, testing, writing, professional gaming, and much more!
- Entertainment — Thursday, April 1st, 2021
- We are seeking alumni and professionals working in various fields within the entertainment industry, such as music, film, television, writing, law, fashion, and more! This event will require minimal prep work from attendees; simply arrive and share your personal experiences and knowledge of the industry through casual conversations.
- Haas to Haas - Wednesday April 7th | 5-7pm
- Seeking Haas UG alumni and professionals working in a variety of fields to share their experiences and expertise with our current Haas UG students. This is a fantastic opportunity to give back to your Haas UG community and additionally connect with your fellow alumni.
- Assist Cal students of all class standings with their career development
- Share your expertise and knowledge about your field and the work world
- Build new connections with the Cal campus and reflect upon your time here
- Meet Cal students who might become great interns or employees at your organization
Photo credit: Elena Zhukova