|Final Brochure: Paradores and Pousadas||3.47 MB|
- Enjoy eight nights in the intimate and distinguished lodgings of Spain’s paradores and Portugal’s pousadas: medieval monasteries, historic fortresses, and stately palaces.
- Sightsee in the Portuguese capital, where highlights include the majestic 16th-century Mosteiro dos Jerónimos monastery, the iconic Tower of Belém, and the inspiring Monument to the Discoveries.
- Sample wine at a local winery in the agricultural Alentejo province, a region of olive groves, cork trees, fragrant vineyards, and bountiful wheat fields alive with colorful flowers.
- In enchanting Evora, a UNESCO site and one of Portugal’s architectural gems, stay at a pousada considered the country’s finest.
- Stop in the ancient Spanish city of Mérida, which contains more Roman ruins than any other in Spain.
- Staying in a pousada in Carmona, travel to Seville, a city of beauty and romance that delights that senses, and that inspired Carmen and Don Giovanni.
- Take an excursion to Cordoba, once the capital of the Moorish kingdom of Al-Andalus, where highlights include the atmospheric Old Quarter and the revered Mezquita Mosque-Cathedral.
- In the charming, unspoiled town of Ronda, built at the edge of a dramatic gorge, enjoy views from your parador at the gorge’s edge.
- Enjoy regional specialties at a special tapas lunch at the parador.
- Experience perhaps the most extraordinary and best-preserved Moorish monument in existence: Granada’s grand Alhambra palace and its acclaimed Generalife gardens.
- Travel to Toledo, capital of medieval Spain commanding an incomparable hilltop setting overlooking the Castilian plains and boasting some of Spain’s greatest architecture.
- Savor a three-night stay in monumental and dignified Madrid, where touring includes the majestic 2,800-room Palacio Real and Plaza Mayor, the city’s grand square.
- Spend time in the Prado, one of the world’s greatest museums, displaying treasures of the Spanish masters, as well as superb collections of the Italian and Flemish masters.
- Madrid sightseeing, including Prado, Plaza Mayor, and Royal Palace
- Explore bustling Barcelona, Spain’s cultural and commercial capital, with its medieval Gothic Quarter and popular Ramblas waterfront promenade on a 4-day/3-night post-tour extension.
- Odysseys Unlimited Terms and Conditions.
- Elimination of Penalty on Tour Deposits (2021) As a final initiative, Odysseys Unlimited has decided to waive the $200 per person penalty associated with tour deposits. Effective immediately, each guest’s $500 per person deposit will be fully refundable up until the final payment due date: 95 days prior to tour departure.
- COVID-19 Protocol Update
Day 1: Depart U.S. for Lisbon
Day 2: Lisbon
Day 3: Lisbon
Day 4: Evora
Day 5: Evora
Day 6: Carmona
Day 7: Carmona
Day 8: Carmona
Day 9: Ronda
Day 10: Ronda
Day 11: Úbeda
Day 12: Madrid
Day 13: Madrid
Day 14: Madrid
Day 15: Depart Madrid for U.S.
NOTE: Itinerary may change.