Exploring Australia & New Zealand
October 11 - November 01, 2024
Operated by Odysseys Unlimited
- Enjoy a day-long excursion to the Great Barrier Reef with an opportunity to swim, snorkel, and view the reef.
- In Cairns, board a vintage steam train to the village of Kuranda and descend via Skyrail gondolas.
- Embark on an Aboriginal “dreamtime” tour in Alice Springs to meet Walpiri tribespeople and learn about their ancient culture.
- Visit Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site that is the traditional land of the aboriginal peoples and home of Uluru (Ayers Rock).
- Watch the sun set over the fabled sandstone monolith of Ayers Rock.
- With three nights in cosmopolitan Sydney, see the city’s sights, including the iconic Opera House, the Royal Botanic Gardens, and Featherdale Wildlife Park.
- Enjoy a catamaran cruise with lunch around Sydney Harbour.
- Fly to Christchurch, New Zealand’s English-accented “Garden City,” for an overnight stay and city tour featuring the acclaimed Botanic Gardens and Cathedral Square.
- Journey to scenic Mt. Cook National Park, home of New Zealand’s tallest mountain, and visit the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre. Optional activities here include hiking and scenic flights.
- En route to Queenstown, visit historic Arrowtown and the famous Kawarau Bridge Bungy.
- Relish a free day to explore lakeside Queenstown, New Zealand’s “adventure capital,” independently, with abundant options for enjoying this beautiful lakeside city.
- Take a day-long excursion to stunning Fiordland National Park that includes a nature cruise through breathtaking Milford Sound.
- In geothermal Rotorua, visit Rainbow Springs Nature Park, home to kiwis, and the Te Puia Cultural Centre, where you’ll enjoy a traditional hangi dinner and Maori
- On a city tour of Auckland, see the stunning harbor and the America’s Cup Village.
- Enjoy additional time in Auckland, the “City of Sails,” on a 3-day/2-night post-tour extension.
If you would like to view a digital copy of this trip’s brochure, please click on the “Digital Brochure” under Additional Resources (follows directly below Itinerary at a Glance) on this webpage.
* Cal lecturer’s participation cannot be guaranteed and is contingent upon a minimum number of paying travelers.
Exploring Australia & New Zealand | Oct. 11 – Nov. 1, 2024
Explore More Tours
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.