Costa Rica’s Natural Heritage
December 05 - 15, 2024
Operated by Odysseys Unlimited
- View Costa Rica’s tallest volcano on an excursion to Irazú Volcano National Park.
- Learn about Costa Rica’s coffee industry at the Doka Coffee Estate, located on the fertile slopes of Poás Volcano.
- Discover the many dazzling varieties of orchids at the family-owned Botanical Orchid Garden.
- Enjoy nighttime viewing of Arenal Volcano from your hotel, which offers outstanding views.
- Visit children at a local elementary school and learn about Costa Rica’s vaunted educational system.
- Tour Ecocentro Danaus, a biological reserve dedicated to conservation, environmental education, and sustainability.
- Embark on a guided walk through the remarkably diverse Monteverde Cloud Forest, a biological reserve.
- See Costa Rica’s remarkable fauna up close in Monteverde’s Bat Jungle and Butterfly Garden.
- Experience the canopy level of the rain forest from the hanging bridges Sky Walk.
- Take a “float safari” on the Tempisque River to discover this extraordinary wetland and one of the world’s last tropical dry forests.
- Relax for three nights at a secluded beach resort in the Pacific coastal region of Guanacaste.
- Throughout the tour stay in eco-friendly hotels suited to the natural environment.
- Encounter exceptional biodiversity on a 4-day/3-night pre-tour option to Tortuguero National Park.
If you would like to view a digital copy of this trip’s brochure, please click on the “Digital Brochure” under Additional Resources (follows directly below Itinerary at a Glance) on this webpage.
* Cal lecturer’s participation cannot be guaranteed and is contingent upon a minimum number of paying travelers.
Costa Rica's Natural Heritage | Dec. 5 – 15, 2024
Explore More Tours
Total Solar Eclipse: Texas [singles: waitlist or paired share]
Apr 05 - Apr 09
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.