Emperors, Conquerors & Saints: A Voyage from Istanbul to Cairo
September 15 - 28, 2024
Operated by Thalassa Journeys
- Cruise on the new Diana, launched in May 2023, one of the world’s most advanced and environmentally-friendly cruise ships, which accommodates only 192 guests.
- Attend lectures, presentations and discussions on the history and culture of the places we will visit, conducted by Professors Douglas Brookes (UC Berkeley) and Robert Gruval.
- Discover the extraordinary ancient Macedonian royal tombs in Vergina, and the incredible mid-air monasteries at Meteora.
- Tour the evocative houses of Ephesus, dating from the Roman period.
- Enjoy lunch in Rhodes’ Mavrikos, one of the finest restaurants in the Greek islands.
- Explore Egypt’s Alexandria, Cairo and the Giza Pyramids.
- If you would like to receive a PDF copy of this trip’s brochure, please click on the “Brochure Request Link” under Additional Resources on this webpage.
Emperors, Conquerors & Saints | Sep. 15 – 28, 2024
Explore More Tours
Grand Danube Passage – Prague to Sofia [on request]
Sep 25 - Oct 09
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.