Pearls of Dalmatia: Dubrovnik & the Islands of Hvar
September 28 - October 12, 2024
Operated by Odysseys Unlimited
- A tour of Croatia’s capital, Zagreb, reveals a gracious city of culture and hospitality, including its historic Old Town and colorful open-air market.
- Spend two nights in the Slovenian capital, Ljubljana, a friendly city boasting romantic bridges, pedestrian zones, and abundant parkland.
- During an outing to lovely Bled, tour its castle and take a boat ride on its fairytale lake.
- Explore the depths of Postojna Cave by electric train.
- Continue on to charming Opatija, once royalty’s seaside escape, for a three-night stay.
- During a daylong tour discover the Istrian Peninsula’s fascinating history and distinctly Mediterranean atmosphere.
- Visit Plitvice Lakes National Park, a UNESCO site, known for its turquoise-colored lakes.
- Visit picturesque Split and tour the imposing ruins of 3rd-century Diocletian’s Palace, another UNESCO site.
- Spend two nights in Venetian-tinged Hvar Town on the island of Hvar, “queen” of the Dalmatian islands.
- Take a walking tour of Stari Grad, one of Croatia’s oldest cities, and enjoy a tasting at a local winery.
- End your tour in treasured Dubrovnik, known as the “Pearl of the Adriatic,” with a three-night stay.
- Enjoy a small group highlight as a dinner guest in a local family’s home.
- Experience the charms of the tiny Balkan nation of Montenegro on an optional 4- day/3-night post-tour extension.
If you would like to view a digital copy of this trip’s brochure, please click on the “Digital Brochure” under Additional Resources (follows directly below Itinerary at a Glance) on this webpage.
* Cal lecturer’s participation cannot be guaranteed and is contingent upon a minimum number of paying travelers.
Pearls of Dalmatia: Dubrovnik & the Islands of Hvar | Sep. 28 – Oct. 12, 2024
Explore More Tours
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.