COVID-19 temporary adjustments:
Due to the current health situation related to COVID-19, the Cal Alumni Association, and the University of California, Berkeley campus community are working remotely when possible, likely through 12/31/2020 to protect the health of our community. However, please note that remote work must be performed in the state of California. If needed, the Cal Alumni Association will provide the technology resources to perform the essential functions of this position remotely.
Are you looking for a career in which you can have a challenging work experience, and also serve the alumni and students of the #1 public university in the world?
The Cal Alumni Association might be the place for you.
We are an independent not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization with a $11 million operating budget and 60 full-time employees. We are located at the Alumni House on the University of California, Berkeley campus.
Our Operating Principles
We are especially interested in hiring a candidate who will commit to building a workplace that:
- Fosters personal accountability and empowerment
- Inspires personal integrity and a commitment to ethical standards
- Builds trust and mutual respect
- Fosters effective communication
- Conducts work that is inspirational, innovative, forward-thinking and adaptable
- Reinforces teamwork
- Offers constructive feedback and coaching
- Shares a common commitment to vision/goals
- Nurtures a positive outlook
- Affirms diversity
- Allows for an aesthetic, healthy and accommodating physical workspace.
For our full-time employees:
CAA offers an excellent health care and supplemental benefits packages, 403(b), a generous paid time-off benefit, and more. We have a friendly, relaxed but professional environment, and we pride ourselves on our team approach.
Health Care Benefits:
- CAA employees are required to contribute 10% of their total medical premium for the employee and 20% for any eligible dependents.
- CAA pays 100% of the premiums for Dental and Vision benefits for the employee and any eligible dependents.
Paid time-off Benefits:
- Vacation: 16 days/year for first 2 years of service, 18 days/year after completing 2 years of service, 21 days/year after completing 5 years of service.
- Sick time: 12 days/year
- Holidays: 11 total per year
- Paid time off between Dec 26 and Dec 31
- Birthday Holiday: 1 Day off
- As affiliates to UCB, CAA employees are eligible to participate in many of the on-campus professional development workshops, seminars and professional networks available to UCB employees. Please note that this does not include undergraduate or graduate courses offered to students.
- CAA has a partnership with UC Berkeley Extension that offers our employees a discount on enrollment fees.
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Supplemental Insurance with 100% of premiums paid by CAA:
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- LTD Insurance
- Option to purchase supplemental insurance plans from AFLAC
Commuting and Parking:
- If you’re a commuter, consider taking advantage our pre-tax public transit commuter benefit. You can load your Clipper Card or pay public transit fare with pre-tax dollars.
- Cal Bear Pass: Take advantage of UCB’s partnership with AC Transit. The partnership offers a cost savings of up to 70% off the standard monthly bus pass rate! CAA employees are eligible to purchase an AC transit pass at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
- UCB Campus Parking Permit: As affiliates to UCB, our CAA employees are eligible to purchase a campus parking permit at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
Access to Campus Programs and Discounts:
- Eligible to join the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF) at the Faculty/Staff discount rate
- Special campus events
- Free admission to the University Art Museum
- Discount tickets for Cal Performances, Pacific Film Archive, and Hertz Hall
- AirBears: wireless internet access on campus