Mediterranean Food & Nutrition: A Learning Expedition in Greece
October 09 - 19, 2024
Operated by Eureka by CDT
- Unpack once and feel like a local in the charming town of Heraklion, Crete with stunning picturesque streets, quiet beaches, and spirited culture.
- Learn from Kristen Rasmussen, culinary nutrition and food systems expert, about the historical, ecological, cultural, and biological environments that have impacted food systems and human diets of past and present.
- Indulge in wine, cheese, olive oil, and honey tastings while learning from local families about their traditional farming and harvesting techniques.
- Dive into the rich Cretian history with tours of ancient palaces, forts, and archaeological sites.
- Attend inspiring seminars and lively discussions about the Mediterranean diet, sustainable food practices, and the ecosystem surrounding delicious Greek cuisine.
- If you would like to receive a PDF copy of this trip’s brochure, please click on the “Brochure Request Link” under Additional Resources on this webpage.
eu·re·ka: a cry of joy or satisfaction when one finds or discovers something.
Experience trips built with you in mind — handcrafted itineraries created by UC Berkeley travel experts.
Taste of Greece: A Gastronomic Tour of Crete | Oct. 9 – 19, 2024
Explore More Tours
Romance of the Douro River, featuring Lisbon, Porto, and the Alto Douro Wine Region [on request]
Oct 03 - Oct 14
Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta [waitlist only]
Oct 06 - Oct 09
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the faculty lecturers that accompany our trips and provide informative local lecturers to enhance your vacation.