Jun. 4 – 12, 2022
Number of days:
|Preliminary Flyer: Paris, featuring the African American Experience||1.18 MB|
- Follow in the footsteps of Josephine Baker, Langston Hughes, Eugene Bullard and other African American luminaries on this enriching seven-night stay in Paris.
- In the years following World War I, many Black Americans found acceptance and opportunities in the City of Light that were denied to them in the United States.
- Through specially designed excursions and talks, trace the journey of African Americans in France, gaining insight into why they moved to Paris and how they forever influenced French culture.
- In Montmartre, listen to stories about the club owners and musicians that shaped Paris’ jazz fervor, and learn about the contributions of key figures of the African diaspora.
- Watch a fascinating documentary, followed by an engaging discussion with the filmmakers, and enjoy an evening of jazz at a local club.
- Along the way, enjoy quintessential Parisian experiences: tasting divine cuisine, cruising the Seine River and exploring the incredible art scene.
- This small-group program, ideal for active travelers, features a first-class hotel and an extensive meal plan, including wine with dinner.
- 2021-2022 AHI Digital Catalog
- If you are interested in receiving more information about this trip, please fill out this brochure request form. As soon as we have more information available we will send it to you.
- COVID-19 Update: AHI takes your health and wellness very seriously. Click here to learn about their enhanced COVID-19 protocols.