Jun. 4 – 12, 2022
Number of days:
|Preliminary Flyer: Paris, featuring the African American Experience||1.18 MB|
- Follow in the footsteps of Josephine Baker, Langston Hughes, Eugene Bullard and other African American luminaries on this enriching seven-night stay in Paris.
- In the years following World War I, many Black Americans found acceptance and opportunities in the City of Light that were denied to them in the United States.
- Through specially designed excursions and talks, trace the journey of African Americans in France, gaining insight into why they moved to Paris and how they forever influenced French culture.
- In Montmartre, listen to stories about the club owners and musicians that shaped Paris’ jazz fervor, and learn about the contributions of key figures of the African diaspora.
- Watch a fascinating documentary, followed by an engaging discussion with the filmmakers, and enjoy an evening of jazz at a local club.
- Along the way, enjoy quintessential Parisian experiences: tasting divine cuisine, cruising the Seine River and exploring the incredible art scene.
- This small-group program, ideal for active travelers, features a first-class hotel and an extensive meal plan, including wine with dinner.
- If you are interested in more information about this trip, please click on the “Reserve Your Place Now” button to be taken to the AHI website or view the 2021-2022 AHI Digital Catalog.
- COVID-19 Update: AHI takes your health and wellness very seriously. Click here to learn about their enhanced COVID-19 protocols.