The Cal Alumni Association has four properties in Pinecrest, CA, 95364, about three hours from the Bay Area. Pinecrest Lake is less than a mile from the Lair of the Golden Bear, which is comprised of three camps— Camp Blue, Camp Gold, and Camp Oski.
Lair of the Golden Bear
At the Lair, you stay in wooden a-frame tent cabins that have beds, one electrical outlet, and one light overhead. Bathrooms (the Heads) are located near clusters of tent cabins. You bring your own bedding, towels, and toiletries—check out our list of what to bring.
- Camp Blue: 87 tent cabins that can sleep up to 350 guests.
- Camp Gold: 87 tent cabins that can sleep up to 350 guests.
- Camp Oski: 32 tent cabins plus 7 units in Bosch Hall (indoor dorm-room like units) that collectively can sleep up to 140 guests.
At the Chalet, we have 23 amenity-filled units with private bathrooms, bedding, linens, towels, heat, mini-fridges, coffee service, and TVs. Some larger units having living areas and full kitchens. The Chalet also offers 11 RV hook-ups.
Amenities and Activities Offered
- Wireless internet access
- Audio Visual equipment
- Dining Halls that seat up to 300
- Meeting areas, including our lodges, outdoor stages, amphitheater
- Swimming Pools
- Sports Courts: basketball, volleyball, horseshoes, shuffleboard, ping pong, and tennis at Camp Blue and Camp Gold
- Archery (extra charge)
- Paddle boarding (extra charge)
- Art activities, including tie-dye, lanyards, and pottery
- Yoga classes
- Massage (extra charge)
- Staff-led activities, including evening campfires, guest speakers, age-group programs, and Disco Bingo
Our enthusiastic staff consistently receive high marks for outstanding customer service. We are there to assist in making your event go as smoothly as possible. We help with setting up, taking down, and cleaning up, as well as leading group activities including hikes, games, art, kayaking, archery, campfire shows, and more.
Both the Lair and Chalet can cater all meals, including snacks.
We offer a full breakfast bar (with a selection of cereals, toast, bagels, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt), and you can add in hot entrees like eggs and bacon, french toast, omelets, and pancakes with berries.
Lots of lunch options are available, including a sandwich bar with deli meats and salads, a green salad bar, hot entrees such as make-your-own tacos, BBQ ribs and chicken, a variety of prepared salads, pizza, pastas, soups, and burgers.
We offer a range of dinner menus and can work with you if there’s a particular meal you’re seeking. Popular dinners include tri-tip, salmon, a burger bar, BBQ chicken and ribs—all with appropriate side dishes including salad and veggies, as well sweet treats.