Jul. 17 – 27, 2020
Number of days:
140 (ship capacity)
Thomas P. Gohagan
- This extraordinary 11-day “Grand Tour” of Europe features an incredible combination of river, rail, lake and mountain travel including five nights aboard the deluxe Amadeus Silver III.
- Journey through the western heart of the Continent through the Netherlands, Germany, France and Switzerland, cruising the most scenic sections of the fabled Rhine River.
- Specially arranged guided excursions feature five great UNESCO World Heritage sites—explore Amsterdam’s storybook canals, visit Cologne’s Gothic cathedral, cruise through the Rhine River Valley, tour the Alsatian city of Strasbourg, walk through Berne’s Old Town and see the Jungfrau-Aletsch region of the Swiss Alps.
- Visit Germany’s medieval Rüdesheim and 13th-century Heidelberg Castle.
- Spend two nights each in Lucerne and Zermatt, Switzerland; ride aboard three legendary railways—the Gornergrat Bahn for breathtaking views of the Matterhorn, the Glacier Express from Andermatt to Zermatt and the Pilatus Railway, the world’s steepest cogwheel railway—and enjoy a scenic cruise on Lake Lucerne.
- This is the trip of a lifetime at an exceptional value! Complement your journey with the two-night Amsterdam Pre-Program Option.