We’re excited to welcome you home in 2021!
Covid Protocol Information
Campers ages 5 and older will have to provide proof of a negative PCR Covid test received within 72 hours of arrival OR proof of vaccination. About 10 - 14 days before your camping session, you’ll receive an email from our third party provider Kokomo 24/7 CovidTracker app requesting that campers age 5 and older upload their vaccination card or test results prior to arrival. Campers who arrive without having submitted their test results or vaccination record are subject to be turned away upon arrival.
For August and September sessions: Although a Covid-19 test is not mandatory for vaccinated campers, we are now advising ALL campers be tested prior to camp, in light of the Delta variant. You can test as early as five days before your arrival, and use a rapid or home test. Once you have your test results, please upload them to your Kokomo 24/7 app account, or email us the results.
Our medical team will have rapid tests available in camp for testing those who may develop symptoms after they arrive. We will have protocols in place to quarantine and isolate anyone who shows symptoms so they can remain a safe distance from other campers and their own family tent. If someone tests positive, they will be required to leave camp along with everyone in their tent. We will follow Tuolumne County protocols for contact tracing in the event of a positive test in camp. Because of the uncertainty around the pandemic, we encourage you to consider looking into your trip insurance options.
The safety and well-being of our campers and staffers is our top priority, which is why we’re implementing expanded health protocols and heightened hygiene standards. Some programs may be modified to increase safety, yet it won’t reduce the fun and good times we’ll have together.
Of course, everything is subject to change, hopefully for the better.
- Here are some of the modifications we planned for this 2021 camping season: »
- Smaller sessions: To help with social distancing, we will keep some tents open/unbooked to assure fewer people in the camp. Information about how we intend to handle reservations can be found on our 2021 Reservations page.
- Six-night sessions: The week will still start on a Saturday night! Yet our week-long sessions will now be six nights, ending Friday afternoon to allow for more thorough cleaning of our camps before the next session’s arrival.
- 11th Week is back! We’re adding back an 11th Week at Camp Gold. The dates are August 14 – 20 and will be at discounted rates. Consider changing weeks this year only—it won’t impact your priority to return to your usual week in 2022.
- Per tent pricing. We’ve simplified our pricing for Camps Blue and Gold from a per person rate to a per tent rate (Camp Oski rates will continue to be per person since most tents are larges). Learn more on our Rates page.
- Covid Protocols: Campers ages 12 and older will have to provide proof of a negative Covid test received within 72 hours of arrival OR proof of vaccination. Our medical team will have rapid tests available in camp for testing those who may develop symptoms after they arrive. We will have protocols in place to quarantine and isolate anyone who shows symptoms so they can remain a safe distance from other campers and their own family tent. If someone tests positive, they will be required to leave camp along with everyone in their tent. We will follow Tuolumne County protocols for contact tracing in the event of a positive test in camp. Because of the uncertainty around the pandemic, we encourage you to consider looking into your trip insurance options.
- Masks are to be worn indoors while in the heads (bathrooms), lodges, and while in line in the dining halls. Please follow appropriate social distancing protocols outside if you are unmasked.
- Updated safety protocols and policies when at camp: We’ll be following local, state and CDC guidelines to ensure camper safety during these days of coronavirus. All protocols and policies will be subject to change.
- Daily family programs, see below for more details
- Evening campfire shows
- Disco Bingo
- Cub Corral playground will be open
- Pool time
- Art, including ceramics, tie-dye, lanyards
- Guest Speakers
- Family fun!
Staff supervised age group programs are happening this summer!
The Cub Corral will be open daily with staff-supervised programs for diaper-graduates ages 2 and older. Older kids will enjoy staff-led activities such as creek walks, games, and scavenger hunts. Teens can look forward to horseback riding and our all-day hike to Cleo’s Baths, to name a few. While the kids are with their age group program, parents and guardians can enjoy some ‘me’ time, such as taking a yoga class, reading at the pool, or relaxing at your tent, knowing your kids will be having a FANTASTIC time with our staff and other kids their age. We’ll also still be leading our daily activity for the whole family, including an all-camper Lair-mazing race.
Our full 2021 schedule of programs is still developing. We’ll post updates here as well as via email and on social media.
In addition, you can still look forward to many of your favorite Lair activities and programs, including:
Additionally we’ll be offering family programming in camp. We’ll provide the materials and instructions, and our student staff will be available for guidance. Examples of these activities include scavenger hunts with prizes, nature hikes through our network of newly linked trails throughout all three camps, and more. Details will be found on the camper schedules.
Private party protocols at camp
Private parties and mixers have been a long-standing tradition at the Lair and will always be. COVID-19 pandemic circumstances require special guidelines for the health and safety of all campers and staff; the parties and mixers are no exception. In order to allow such events to continue during the 2021 Lair Bridge year in a safe manner, all private parties, mixers, and similar activities (events) SHALL comply with the following guidelines as shown HERE.
CovidTracker app information
Within two weeks of your camping session, campers ages 12 and older will receive an email notification to download the CovidTracker app and login to provide either your vaccination records or your negative PCR Covid test results within three days of your arrival at camp. You can view screenshots of the CovidTracker app and how to upload your information HERE.
All policies are subject to change as CDC and local and state guidelines change.
Keeping our community safe works best when all of us do our part. We appreciate your understanding and acceptance of these safety protocols for 2021, and we look forward to a safe, fun, and memorable summer together.